A estratégia do CEO da Amazon é “segurar” a posição no mercado de distribuição de livros e em particular em formato digital (que terá um grande crescimento).
Depois de ter lançado a excelente aplicação Amazon Kindle para iPad (que recomendo), lançou ontem a versão para telemóveis Android (Google).
A day after Amazon made it abundantly clear it’s gunning for world domination in the e-reading space by lowering the price of the Kindle from $259 to $189 – following competitor Barnes & Noble’s decision to slash the price of its Nook e-reader down to $199 – chief executive Jeff Bezos sat down with Fortune’s JP Mangalindan for a fairly interesting interview. One of the things Bezos talked about was the iPad, Apple’s tablet computer that is see …
But Bezos does not seem terribly impressed.
Here’s the key part of the interview (which you should read in its entirety):
Fortune: Obviously, the Kindle’s price drop was in response to Barnes & Noble’s price cut on the Nook. Did the iPad and its overnight success play a role, too?
Bezos: No. The iPad… I think there are going to be a bunch of tablet-like devices. It’s really a different product category. The Kindle is for readers.
Fortune: So far you’ve been capturing consumers. Amazon accounted for about 80% of all electronic book sales last year. How has it grown so fast, and can you keep it up?
Bezos: It’s hard even for us to remember internally that we only launched Kindle a little over 30 months ago.
Our strategy with the ebookstore is ‘buy once, read everywhere.’ If you want to read on your iPhone, if you want to read on your BlackBerry. We want people to be able to read their books anywhere they want to read them. That’s the PC, that’s the Macintosh. It’s the iPad, it’s the iPhone. It’s the Kindle.
His words ring true, because this strategy is visible in the field too (…)
- Clique para partilhar no Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Carregue aqui para partilhar no Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Carregue aqui para partilhar por email com um amigo (Opens in new window)
- Carregue aqui para imprimir (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Clique para partilhar no Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Carregue aqui para partilhar no Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)